From Scientists & Patient Advocates of National Center for Health Research
This website is your most accurate source for information about breast implants so that you can make choices that are best for you. Unlike most breast implant websites, the information on our website is not paid for by plastic surgeons or breast implant makers who want you as customers.
The scientists and health professionals at the nonprofit National Center for Health Research have created this website after reading research studies and speaking to hundreds of patients, many surgeons and physicians, and officials at the FDA.
If you’re considering breast augmentation or reconstruction after a mastectomy, we can provide information and guidance that will help you in your decision-making process. You can learn which questions to ask your doctor and what to expect after surgery. If you already have breast implants and are experiencing problems, such as pain, ruptured implants, or you think you may have an autoimmune reaction or other symptoms of “breast implant illness,” we can help with that, too. And you can read about the personal experiences of dozens of women with breast implants.
If you are a physician or patient who wants to know about the research on breast implants, check out our new report.
We’re happy to answer any questions you have.
In the Media…
- Mother Who Got Breast Implants to Fix Her ‘Mom Bod’ Suffered Horrific Reaction [The Daily Mail] »
- The FDA is Still Letting Doctors Implant Untested Devices into Our Bodies [Washington Post] »
- Breast Implants: the Trouble is Under the Skin [Radio-Canada Info] »
- Breast Implant Injuries Hidden As Patient’s Questions Mount [AP News] »
- Breast Implant Illnesses: What’s the Evidence? [NCHR President Dr. Diana Zuckerman and Dr. Varuna Srinivasan] »
- Summary of Published Study by MD Anderson Physicians on the Increase in Rare Diseases Among Women with Breast Implants [NCHR President Dr. Diana Zuckerman] »
- Dr. Diana Zuckerman Makes Statement About New MD Anderson Study [NCHR President Dr. Diana Zuckerman] »
- Woman with Rare Cancer Linked to Breast Implants Seeks to Spread Awareness [CBS News] »
- Former Playmate of the Year on Removing Breast Implants: ‘I Literally Thought I Was Dying [AZ Family] »
- After 17 Years with Breast Implants, Princeton Woman Leads Calls for More Education, Safety [WFAA] »