From Scientists & Patient Advocates of National Center for Health Research
This website is your most accurate source for information about breast implants, so that you can make choices that are best for you. Unlike most breast implant websites, the information on our website is not paid for by plastic surgeons or breast implant makers who want you as customers. The scientists at the nonprofit National Center for Health Research have created this website after reading all the research and speaking to hundreds of patients, many surgeons and physicians, and officials at the FDA.
Whether you are considering breast augmentation or thinking about breast reconstruction after a mastectomy, we will guide you through the decision making process, explain what you can expect after surgery, and help with any questions you might have. If you already have breast implants and are experiencing problems, we can help with that too. And you can read about the personal experiences of dozens of women with breast implants.
In the Media…
- CANCER: Woman with Rare Cancer Linked to Breast Implants Seeks to Spread Awareness [CBS News] »
- REMOVING IMPLANTS: Former Playmate of the Year on Removing Breast Implants: ‘I Literally Thought I Was Dying [AZ Family] »
- CANCER: Breast Implants Linked to Rare Cancer [Our Bodies Ourselves] »
- CANCER: FDA Agrees With WHO, Links Breast Implants To Rare Cancer. How Worried Should Women Be? [Forbes] »
- EXPERIMENTAL DRUGS: Right to Try Laws allow Big Pharma to Exploit False Hope [Chicago Tribune and 18 other newspapers] »