From Scientists & Patient Advocates of National Center for Health Research
This website is your most accurate source for information about breast implants so that you can make choices that are best for you. Unlike most breast implant websites, the information on our website is not paid for by plastic surgeons or breast implant makers who want you as customers.
The scientists and health professionals at the nonprofit National Center for Health Research have created this website after reading research studies and speaking to hundreds of patients, many surgeons and physicians, and officials at the FDA.
If you’re considering breast augmentation or reconstruction after a mastectomy, we can provide information and guidance that will help you in your decision-making process. You can learn which questions to ask your doctor and what to expect after surgery. If you already have breast implants and are experiencing problems, we can help with that, too. And you can read about the personal experiences of dozens of women with breast implants.
We’re happy to answer any questions you have.
In the Media…
- Woman with Rare Cancer Linked to Breast Implants Seeks to Spread Awareness [CBS News] »
- Some Cancer Drugs Offer Only Marginal Benefits [Kaiser Health News] »
- Former Playmate of the Year on Removing Breast Implants: ‘I Literally Thought I Was Dying [AZ Family] »
- FDA Agrees With WHO, Links Breast Implants To Rare Cancer. How Worried Should Women Be? [Forbes] »
- Right to Try Laws allow Big Pharma to Exploit False Hope [Chicago Tribune and 18 other newspapers] »