From Scientists & Patient Advocates of National Center for Health Research
This website is your most accurate source for information about breast implants so that you can make choices that are best for you. Unlike most breast implant websites, the information on our website is not paid for by plastic surgeons or breast implant makers who want you as customers.
The scientists and health professionals at the nonprofit National Center for Health Research have created this website after reading research studies and speaking to hundreds of patients, many surgeons and physicians, and officials at the FDA.
If you’re considering breast augmentation or reconstruction after a mastectomy, our website can provide you information and guidance that will help you in your decision-making process. You can learn which questions to ask your doctor and what to expect after surgery. If you already have breast implants and are experiencing problems, such as pain, ruptured implants, or you think you may have an autoimmune reaction or other symptoms of “breast implant illness,” we can help with that, too. And you can read about the personal experiences of dozens of women with breast implants.
If you are a physician or patient who wants to know about the research on breast implants, check out our new report and our draft Patient Informed Consent Checklist and Black Box Warning.
If you are a breast cancer patient or have a compromised immune system and are concerned about your risks from the coronavirus, here’s what you need to know.
We’re happy to answer any questions you have.
In the Media…
- Biden’s Drug Agency Nominee Returns With Deeper Industry Ties [Bloomberg Business]
- Biden to Choose Robert Califf to Lead F.D.A., Despite Drug Industry Ties [The New York Times]
- Biden picks ex-FDA chief Robert Califf to again lead agency [AP News]
- Biden expected to tap Califf as FDA commissioner [Roll Call]
- Biden chooses Robert Califf, former Obama FDA chief, as agency commissioner [Washington Post]
- Breast Implants will now come with Black Box Warnings, List Risks [Legal Reader]
Patients Must Be Warned of Breast Implant Risks, F.D.A. Says [The New York Times]
FDA continues operating without a Senate-confirmed, permanent leader [Homeland Preparedness News]
Beleaguered FDA in talks for drug-company funding [Marketplace]
- Patients Continue to Be Inadequately Informed of the Risk for Breast Implant-Associated ALCL [Cancer Therapy Advisor]
- Congressman calls for FDA to continue vaccine trials [ABC News]
- Study finds removing breast implants improved symptoms [AzFamily.com]
- FDA Updates Breast Implant Labeling Recommendations to Help Inform Patients About Dangerous Potential Side Effects [Cure]
- First, Their Breast Implants Made Them Sick. Then They Were Hit with the Bill [Cosmopolitan]