From Scientists & Patient Advocates of National Center for Health Research
This website is your most accurate source for information about breast implants so that you can make choices that are best for you. Unlike most breast implant websites, the information on our website is not paid for by plastic surgeons or breast implant makers who want you as customers.
The scientists and health professionals at the nonprofit National Center for Health Research have created this website after reading research studies and speaking to hundreds of patients, many surgeons and physicians, and officials at the FDA.
If you’re considering breast augmentation or reconstruction after a mastectomy, we can provide information and guidance that will help you in your decision-making process. You can learn which questions to ask your doctor and what to expect after surgery. If you already have breast implants and are experiencing problems, such as pain, ruptured implants, or you think you may have an autoimmune reaction or other symptoms of “breast implant illness,” we can help with that, too. And you can read about the personal experiences of dozens of women with breast implants.
If you are a physician or patient who wants to know about the research on breast implants, check out our new report.
We’re happy to answer any questions you have.
In the Media…
- 80,000 Deaths. 2 Million Injuries. It’s Time for a Reckoning on Medical Devices. [New York Times] »
- FDA Won’t Ban Breast Implants Linked to Cancer at This Time [Washington Post] »
- Leaking Breast Implants Leave Women Fighting Infections, Insurers [Bloomberg Law] »
- France Bans Breast Implants Amid Cancer Suspicions [Longevity] »
- Are Breast Implants Safe? FDA is Looking into Claims [CBS5 News] »
- Women Need Better Information on Breast Implants, Panel Says [Washington Post] »
- Women Who Say They Were Sickened by Breast Implants Demand FDA Action: ‘I Was Not Warned.’ [Washington Post] »
- US Experts: Too Soon to Pull Breast Implants Tied to Cancer [Associated Press] »
- FDA Takes Hard Look at Breast Implant Safety Amid Fresh Cancer Fears [MedTech Dive] »
- FDA Issues Warnings to Two Breast Implant Makers [NBC News] »
- Reports of Breast Implant Illnesses Prompt Federal Review [The New York Times] »
- The FDA is Still Letting Doctors Implant Untested Devices into Our Bodies [Washington Post] »
- Breast Implant Injuries Hidden As Patient’s Questions Mount [AP News] »
- Breast Implant Illnesses: What’s the Evidence? [NCHR] »