From Scientists & Patient Advocates of National Center for Health Research
This website is your most accurate source for information about breast implants so that you can make choices that are best for you. Unlike most breast implant websites, the information on our website is not paid for by plastic surgeons or breast implant makers who want you as customers.
The scientists and health professionals at the nonprofit National Center for Health Research have created this website after reading research studies and speaking to hundreds of patients, many surgeons and physicians, and officials at the FDA.
If you’re considering breast augmentation or reconstruction after a mastectomy, our website can provide you information and guidance that will help you in your decision-making process. You can learn which questions to ask your doctor and what to expect after surgery. If you already have breast implants and are experiencing problems, such as pain, ruptured implants, or you think you may have an autoimmune reaction or other symptoms of “breast implant illness,” we can help with that, too. And you can read about the personal experiences of dozens of women with breast implants.
If you are a physician or patient who wants to know about the research on breast implants, check out our new report and our draft Patient Informed Consent Checklist and Black Box Warning.
If you are a breast cancer patient or have a compromised immune system and are concerned about your risks from the coronavirus, here’s what you need to know.
We’re happy to answer any questions you have.
In the Media…
- Patients Continue to Be Inadequately Informed of the Risk for Breast Implant-Associated ALCL [Cancer Therapy Advisor]
- Congressman calls for FDA to continue vaccine trials [ABC News]
- Study finds removing breast implants improved symptoms [AzFamily.com]
- FDA Updates Breast Implant Labeling Recommendations to Help Inform Patients About Dangerous Potential Side Effects [Cure]
- First, Their Breast Implants Made Them Sick. Then They Were Hit with the Bill [Cosmopolitan]
- The Number of Women Having Their Breast Implants Removed is on the Rise [Women’s Health]
- New Study Backs Breast Implant Illness Claims by Patients [International Consortium of Investigative Journalists]
- “We Can’t Ever Go to the Doctor with Our Guard Down”: Why Black Women Are 40% More Likely to Die of Breast Cancer [Fortune Magazine]
- FDA Warns Allergan Over Breast Implant Studies [International Consortium of Investigative Journalists]
- Dr. Diana Zuckerman’s Statement on FDA Draft Guidance on Labeling for Breast Implants
- Why Everyone Is Talking About Breast Implant Safety Right Now [Allure] »
- Allergan is Trying to Track Down Women with Breast Implants it Recalled Nearly a Year Ago (June 03, 2020) [Fortune]
- Breast Implants Linked to Rare Cancer Are Recalled Worldwide [The New York Times] »
- Allergan Breast Implants Linked To Cancer Recalled After FDA Request [NBC News] »
- Allergan Recalls Textured Breast Implants Linked to Rare Cancer [Washington Post] »
- 80,000 Deaths. 2 Million Injuries. It’s Time for a Reckoning on Medical Devices. [New York Times] »
- Are Breast Implants Safe? FDA is Looking into Claims [CBS5 News] »
- Women Need Better Information on Breast Implants, Panel Says [Washington Post] »
- Breast Implant Illnesses: What’s the Evidence? [NCHR] »