Sometimes it’s hard to know what questions to ask and who to ask. Here are some important questions to ask a board-certified plastic surgeon if you’re seriously considering breast implants:
- If your doctor shows before and after photographs of patients, ask if these were their own patients.
- Ask to see photographs of his or her patients, and including how they looked a few years later.
- Ask your doctor for written information about the risks of breast implants and read that information at least one week before surgery so you have time to ask questions and gather more information.
- Ask for the informed consent form at least one week before surgery.
- If there is a warranty on the implants, what is included? What isn’t included?
- Ask whether the doctor will remove your implants for free if you have serious problems. If so, will the surgical center services also be free? What if you want them removed, but the doctor doesn’t think it is necessary?
If you are still unsure about getting breast implants, seek advice from someone that has gone through breast implant surgery at least 5 -10 years ago. They may be able to help you make the decision that is best for you. Click here to read some personal stories from women who had breast implants.
All articles are reviewed and approved by Dr. Diana Zuckerman and other senior staff.